Job Opportunities at New River Health
Part-Time Dental Assistant
Assists in providing dental care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. Works closely with dentist and dental hygienist to provide optimal dental care and operational efficiency. Performs work in a manner consistent with NRHA mission, goals, and standard of conduct and care.
* Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
* Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
* Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
* Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
* Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
* Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
* Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
* Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
* Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
* Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
* Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org